- Happy 8th day of the 8th month of the 8th year of the second millennium since our Lord came to earth and became one of us.
- Eight is symbolic of resurrection and rebirth.
- Christ rose from the dead eight days after riding into Jerusalem. God created our world in 6 days and rested on the 7th. Jesus worked in Jerusalem for 6 days, rested on the 7th, and rose on the “8th,” (the first day of a new week and the new creation).
- Eight people were saved from the Flood in Noah’s Ark.
- Israelite male children were circumcised on the eighth day.
- Baptism is the beginning of our eternal life in Christ, and most baptismal fonts symbolize this truth with the shape of an octagon.
- Eight is symbolic of eternity. The symbol for infinity ∞ is a sideways 8.