Here are links to some letters and articles about the leadership of my former congregation:
Doctrinal issues and deceit:
- WELS Northern WI District Doctrinal Issues
- Why I No Longer Attend My Church
- Letter to Pastors and Church Council
- Letter to WELS Conference of Presidents
- Terminated from WELS Fellowship
- Receiving Holy Communion in the WELS
- WELS Appeal Denied
- Church Status
- DP Engelbrecht on Plagiarism
- Can Christians Choose to Believe God’s Word?
Sexual harassment and lawsuits against the aggrieved husband:
- Privacy and Abuse of the Public Ministry
- When Pastors Violate Trust
- Two WELS Pastors and Four Meritless Lawsuits
- WCCA vs. WELS Privacy Concerns
- Meritless Lawsuits and Spiritual Abuse
Preach Nothing Except Jesus Christ and Him Crucified
When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.
—1 Corinthians 2:1-5 (NIV-1984).
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.
—Hebrews 12:28-29 (NIV-1984).